Disclaimer/Copyright

The story, characters and names in this blog novel is fiction.
If it involved the living and the demised, it was just a coincidence and not intentional.
Lego is a trademark of The LEGO Company. This page is not created or fully endorsed by any Lego company.
The published works may not be published by any party without written consent from the author. ~ Little Brick Man.

21 June 2013

Lady in Red Uniform

Journal entry of :

Medic Sergeant Lady Dux Almas Dayana

(Read here about her : Profile)

Oh, what a great outdoor. Finally I am assigned to a real unit that needs my talent and knowledge after 5 years in medical school. Daddy and Mommy must be proud of their only daughter. <...giggle...>

So proud that they let me have CheeseCake.

And I rode it to Pearly Harbor. Personally I prefer to call it Port Pearl and yup, CheeseCake is a stallion. A white one.

It's still clear in my mind when I saw the face of the guard at the Harbor Gate.

The shock and disbelief look on the face of the young brick who was standing there. Shouting a standard challenge : "Halt! This is the Red Jackets Army! Identify yourself!".

I thought it was not a common sight to see a lady in a uniform. I passed the authorization letter from the Wizurai of the South. <Ehem, that's Daddy.> After reading it two times, he told me to head off to the Governor's Mansion on the hill. As it was already past tea-time, the Governor should be there with his family.

"Welcome to Pearly Harbor, Sergeant Ma'am," salute the guard. I salute him back before road off to the direction he showed to me.
The wind was chilling. The smell of the salted air and sounds of sea-gulls, well I love being here.

I reached the mansion, wondering how this magnificent building and its compound are well taken of due to its large area on a top of the hill. There was no guard to be seen around. The Governor must be a brave man or he must be very confident with the safety of this harbor.

After I introduced myself to the caretaker Mr. Radenn, he led me to the Governor's study room. He told me to wait for a while because the Governor was having tea at the garden. Before he left, I was given a glass of sherry juice. I really appreciate it as I was exhausted and thirsty after a long ride. My uniform was dusty and I smelled more like a horse.

The study room was filled with books;neatly arranged on shelves twice as tall as me. In the center there was a large wooden table, with a wooden globe on it. It must be red oak. Shiny polished with maple oil. At the right wing of the room was this little window and next to the window pane, there was a painting of a warship. I approached the window. From there I could see the view of the port and the sea. There was a ship anchored at the dock. I took a glance at the painting. It was a different ship.

"That was HMS Katrina. Four guns." Suddenly a husky voice echoed the room. 

I nearly spilled the juice I was holding in the glass. I put it on the oak table and stood to an attention with a salute.

"Good evening, Governor, sir! Sergeant Almas Dayana reporting for duty, sir!".

The Governor accept the salute. His stern eyes were screening me from top to toe as if he could see through me.

At the same moment my eyes were sending signals to my brain, analyzed the characteristic of the old brickman stood in front of me. 

He was a tough built handsome brickman, despite his age. He should be in the same batch of Daddy. He kept a long moustache with sideburns, as grey as his thick eyebrows. But his facial appearance seems could not hide his friendly grin and his shiny eyes; he had a strong will and desire, as if he was a boy who is looking at toys.

Well, that was my five seconds of first impression. All the lectures and theories in Psychology Class seems to be running in my blood now. It triggered instantly. 

"Enough of this formality, Sergeant. As you were. And pick up that drinks. You're spoiling my table," said the Governor.

"My apology, sir."

"Apology accepted. How was your journey?". The Governor took out a cigar from his jacket's inner pocket. He wore a dark blue jacket with red epaulette and golden buttons. At first I thought he was about to smoke in his study room. He didn't.

"I'm all excited, sir. I rode as fast as I could. My mind was already here before my body."

"You rode alone?"

"Yes sir."

"How gallant. Let speak outside. I don't want to pollute my little library here. Come on, you arrived about the time.'

"Pardon me, sir?"

"The sun is about to set. Take your drinks with you. Follow me."

We walked to the verandah outside the study room. There the Governor lit up his cigar. I was standing behind him. At a distance, the orange sun seem like it was sinking in the sea.

"I hope you like the sherry drinks."

"It's a good thirst quencher, sir. Sour but sweet, and there is a mint sensation tingling on the tongue. An after taste."

"You are quite analytical. That's Julia's recipe."

"Excuse me, sir but Julia who?"

"Madam Julia. She runs The Tavern at the port. You'll meet her more often after this. Trust me." He gave me a wink.

I took another gulp.

"Before I forgot about it, there's a letter for you," I gave the Governor a brown envelope with a red common sealed.

He didn't bother to take a look. The Governor was still watching the evening scene.

"Save it for tomorrow, Sergeant. First thing at my office, in the morning. For now, just enjoy the view."

But I insisted.

"With all respect, sir, this was my last order, letter from the Wizurai. He ordered me to pass it to you once I arrive here immediately.

The Governor inhaled deeply, then released the puffy white smoke like a chimney.

He took the paper and read it in the last lime of dusky light. It took him quite a while to finish it. Later he folded it and kept in in his jacket.

"How's your old man?"

Old man? He's a wizurai,alright?

I took a deep breath before answering him.

"His Excellency is all fine, sir. Healthy and highly spirited like you are."

"Glad to hear that. Your father and I were in the same class at the Military Academy a long time ago. We are lifelong friends."

Oh, that's why.

"He never mentioned to me before, sir."

"That old chap. Never mind then. Well, you must be tired. Mr. Radenn will show to your room. You'll be staying here tonight before I'm going to decide what to do with you."

"Thank you, sir but I'll be fine at the barrack."

I started to feel uncomfortable with this kind of hospitality. After all, I am here as a Red Jacket, not as Lady Dux.

"No, that's my order, Sergeant. Go for a rest and some freshen up. See you at dinner. I want you to meet my daughter, Safura. I think you two are about the same youth."

"One more thing, sir. I need to attend to my horse first. CheeseCake is fatigued and it needs rest, water and some feed."

"I'll make sure that Mr. Radenn shall take it to the stable and give it a proper treatment."

"Thank you very much, sir."

"Sergeant, there is one more thing I would like you to know."

"Sir?'

"This CheeseCake. The stallion is no longer your pet ride. The Wizurai has presented it to me. From now on, it will be serving in His Majesty Red Jackets as war horse." 

It took me a stun. Father didn't tell me about this. CheeseCake. A war horse?"

"You already completed your first task, Sergeant. Your father must be proud of you. And I expect many great things from you. Understand?"

" . . . "

"Sergeant?"

"Understood, sir."

"Good. You may dismiss. Dinner will be served at 8 o'clock. Be sharp."

* * * * * * * *